CARING FOR YOUR SANDALS
FULL GRAIN LEATHER
- Use an all-natural leather cleaning agent and a microfiber cloth to buff out minor stains.
- Leather should always be allowed to dry naturally and away from direct sunlight or heat as both can damage the damp leather.
- For cleaning the inside (footbed) of the shoe, use a natural/ fragrance-free baby wipe.
- To weatherproof your shoes, you can use a water and stain repellent non-silicone leather spray.
- Place a towel or cloth inside the shoe to cover the sole before spraying the shoes.
- To clean the upper leather, you can use an all-natural cleaning agent.
- To remove dirt and dust, wipe gently with a dry cloth (avoid dyed cloth or towels to ensure the color doesn't bleed).
- Dampen very lightly the cloth with water and gently wipe again.
- Leather should always be allowed to dry naturally and away from direct sunlight or heat as both can damage the damp leather.\
- Do not use any water or stain repellent sprays on metallic leathers.
The main factors that will determine this style's longevity is water. For this reason, we do not recommend exposing these shoes or any of our Castell Glitter to water as the glue used to adhere the glitter is not waterproof.
- Use a rubber pencil eraser to remove dirt spots and smudges - be gentle when you rub the leather.
- Brush lightly with a soft brush made specifically for suede and nubuck products. Be sure each stroke of your brush is in the same direction.
- To weatherproof, follow up with a water & stain repellent spray designed specifically for suede leathers.
- Wipe stained or dirty areas gently with a damp cloth and a drop of of gentle soap (avoid dyed cloth or towels to ensure the color doesn't bleed).
- Follow up with a damp cloth of just water to wipe away any excess soap.
- Allow to dry naturally and away from direct sunlight or heat as both can cause the damp canvas to warp or shrink.